Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lesson Learned...Maybe

The other morning I set Joshua down for his breakfast of Honey Bunches of Oats...Aldi's style. I went to feed the baby and left him to eat it ( which I'm slowly starting to acknowledge it's not a good idea). Awhile later I heard him moving about downstairs so I called to him to come up, which he did not do, instead quickly started running about. I figured he was into something, sure enough he had gotten the salt and pepper shakers and had it all over the table. :P He had been trying to clean it up...we finished that and headed up stairs. Fast forward to lunch time. I had decided to have one of Joshua's favorite lunches, dino chicken nuggets and I tol him so before going down. He excitedly proceeded me down the stairs and as I start to get lunch read I discover his cereal bowl in the sink... half full? Taking a closer look I could see he had generously doused his cereal with salt and pepper ( mostly pepper I think).
I called Joshua to sit down and I placed the bowl in front of him and asked him why he didn't finish it. "Pepper, mommy". "Did you put the pepper in?". "Yes, pepper". "Then you have to eat it, you made it you eat it, you can have chicken after you finish your cereal."


He ended up eating cereal till dinner time ( it was his lunch and snack and pre dinner), where he finally finished it so he could have some spaghetti and meatballs. Less learned? We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers